IPL Season 14, also known as IPL 2021, is the ongoing fourteenth edition of the Indian Premier League. The tournament started on April 9, 2021 and is scheduled to end on May 30, 2021. Here is a brief history of the ongoing season:
- The tournament was originally scheduled to be held in India, but due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in the country, it was moved to the United Arab Emirates, where the previous season was also held.
- The season features eight teams – Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Punjab Kings, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- The tournament has seen some outstanding individual performances so far, including Harshal Patel’s five-wicket haul for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Faf du Plessis’ century for Chennai Super Kings, and Deepak Chahar’s four-wicket haul for Chennai Super Kings.
- The tournament has also been marred by the COVID-19 pandemic, with several players and support staff testing positive for the virus, resulting in some matches being postponed.
- The tournament is currently in its midway point, with all teams having played at least seven matches. Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings are currently at the top of the points table, with Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore following closely behind.
IPL Season 14 has been an exciting tournament so far, with some exceptional performances and some unexpected twists and turns. The tournament is expected to continue to provide thrilling cricket for fans around the world until its conclusion in May 2021.